Monday, November 2, 2009

JT

I haven't blogged for a long time and thought I would just give a little shout out! The title of my post may catch some of you off guard, but that's okay. I have a cousin who was expecting and at 25 weeks delivered a 1 lb. 4 oz. baby boy. With complications with her BP he came that fast. His little feet were half an inch wide and he looks just like an angel. Over the past three weeks he has gained 5 oz. and is doing really good. He is getting his mom's milk and retaining it well. You are probably wondering why I am telling you all this.....well as a mom my heart goes out to my cousin. I am not sure I would be able to hand what she is going through. I went over to see her the other day and she is sooo strong. She said to me, "I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father gave me JT because he knew I could handle it. I know that he doesn't give me things that I can not handle." What a strong woman my cousin is. I am sure that I would be a wreck if JT was my son. Leaving the hospital without your baby and watching all the other mothers be able to would kill me. It makes you look at life and realize how special life is!

So, I have made myself a bracelet that I will wear until little JT comes home or maybe forever. I had a hard time trying to figure out what to put on the bracelet or what it should mean. My cousin has incredible strength in dealing with this that I thought 'Strength' should be the theme surround it. So I googled the word 'Strength' and colors today trying to find what color is attached to 'Strength'. I came upon a great web sit that listed all the colors and their meanings. This is what I found:

'When I think of orange, the colors of fall come to mind. It is still warm, but the cold of winter will be upon us soon. Orange is strength and endurance. It will keep us warm until the signs of life stir in the frozen land once again. Orange is vibrant and warm. Survival and Strength.'
Also:
'In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.'
The bracelet that I made has JT's initials in it and lots of orange colored beads. So, to my cousin who has great strength in having to go through this hardship in her life and to JT that he may have the strength he needs to continue on his journey.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was beautiful, Kim. My prayers are with your cousin and her family. luv ya!

Amy said...

You're so thoughtful. I hope JT is doing well.