Monday, September 29, 2008

You know when your living right when........

Today has been the best day for a long time. I can soooooo tell that I am living my life right. Ever since I moved in with my sister, Nichole, things have just fallen into place. I got a job working the playground at Oquirrh Hills. This morning my sister got a call from the school. See Nichole works there as a Title One Teacher Aide and helps the Kindergarten teacher do certain things. She also helps with reading and helping the kids with sight words, etc. Well she found out that one of the Aides was quiting in December and if I had a certain amount of College credits or take a test by the district, I could have this job. Anyway....back to the call. It was the lady in charge of the Aides calling and telling her that an Aide quit and that if I got my transcripts I could start working that position. So I got online and after several hours, drooping the girls off at the babysitter, and going to work for playground duty I got them I ran them over to the lady that does the hiring and she thought I had to have 90 credit hours and if not I would have to take this test. I had 88 hours and the test that I would have to take is $40.00 dollars and I know that I don't have that money and I would have to wait. Waiting for that, I might lose the chance for that job. Well come to find out that the credit hours of 90 were for quarter hours not Semester hours. Well since I had 88 semester hours (more than two years of college) I got the job. I was soooo happy. Things have fallen into place and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I must be living right. I have always known that our Savior works in mysterious ways and by all of this just falling into place proves to me that He is there; hearing and answering my prayers. I am so thankful for that and for the opportunity to be a member of this great and wonderful plan that our Heavenly Father has created for us.
I won't start the Title One Teacher Aide until Thursday or Friday, but that is okay. So I go from working one hour to five hour days. I said to my sister that this is the next best thing to teaching, since that is what I went to school to be. I can not wait....I am so excited. It has been a long time since I last worked, but doing something like this is like a dream come true!!!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped out in this new adventure that I have taken. I know that it may not always go this smooth, but with all of you and your help, I know that I can get through it.
I Love you all very much.

4 comments:

Aislinn said...

Congrats Kim! I'm so happy for you - and glad to know that things are working in a manner that fits what you need at this time. I saw you in church on Sunday and couldn't get over to you quick enough - I wanted to give you a big hug and let you know that I love ya! You're a great gal and I know that you'll be blessed in your efforts. Hang in there!

Camie said...

Good for you Kim! That is so great!

Katrina Jackson said...

Yay! That is wonderful news!

Tiffany said...

yahooooooo!!! that is seriously so awesome! You will be wonderful there...they are lucky to have you :)