Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

I am not going to color coat this, but Christmas was very hard for me. It didn't feel like Christmas, but I tried really hard. Having to give up most of Christmas day for the girls to spend with their dad was hard for me. I know that is how it has to be and next year will be just as hard, but...... Little Brooklyn doesn't really even know what happened, she kind of just sat there and ate the wrapping paper! That girl...she is the best. Bethanie had so much fun coming down the stairs with the kids and finding out the Santa really did come(after all the adults told her that he didn't). She loved opening her presents and finding out that Santa did get her letter telling him where she was and what she wanted. Seeing how my camera broke a few months ago, we rely on good aunt Nichole. I took some pics with my regular cam, so when I develop those look for the update on the slide show. The girls left at noon and I won't lie, I cried. Here I thought that so far this divorce wasn't bad...well maybe sometimes. But the New Year is approaching and the new things will continue to flow my way. I look back at Christmas and think it isn't about gifts or toys or goodies....It is about the Savior and I am very lucky to have Him and all that he brings to me.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This has been a hard transition, no question. But I am so proud of you for being so strong for your girls. You're a great mom :)