Monday, July 6, 2009

Recap.....

A lot has gone on the past couple weeks and I thought that I should just do a recap on our family events. I worked during most of June, but our weekends were fabulous. We have spent them at the Zoo, the pool, friends houses, and of course we attended my sister's annual July 3rd party!!
The Zoo is a great place to be. This is the second time that we have owned a zoo pass and we love it. They have what is called "The Safari Sunrise Walk" which is for members only. They open the zoo at 7:30 and allow the members to watch as the zoo wakes up. We love it, not only me, but the girls too. Brooklyn loves to watch the monkeys and yells at them when they don't move. Bethanie loves....well everything.
The pool on the other hand is sometimes a scary thing. I don't mind going with our best friends in Bountiful, but when it is just the girls and I, I have anxiety! They both love the water so much...it is hard to keep track of both of them. So no more outings to the pool without friends. We also went to the Oquirrh Hills Temple open house...that was a great experience for me and Bethaine. She is so excited to go when she gets older!
We also hang out a lot at Amy and Natalie's house. The kids play and Amy and I do crafts. The girls love to be together and I love hanging out with Amy and making stuff.
For my sisters annual party, we had a blast. They do it on the third every year and then head to Granite High School for the fireworks. She used to live right down the street from Granite and we would just walk to the High School and watch the fireworks. She has done this party for about 12 years.....(that is a guess. I am not really sure how long it has been, but it has been a long time.) So now we just have a great BBQ and then we all get in cars and drive over to a church parking lot and park and walk to the school. I haven't been in a few years, my x and I kind of started our own tradition and....well we all know what happened there. It was sad for me to not be up at Eaglewood Golf Course with great friends and fam watching the fireworks, but life happens and things change.
I have compiled a little slide show of our events for the past couple weeks. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a fun few weeks! I am glad to see you are getting some down time :)