Monday, March 22, 2010

My little angel


Last night Brooklyn woke up around 8:30 p.m. after being asleep for only 45 mins. I let her cry for awhile and then she really started to get upset and cry harder. So I got ready for bed and went in to get her and put her in bed with me. Now I usually don't do that and because I did with my 5-year-old when she was little....she now doesn't have good sleep patterns. In fact about 4 out of the 7 days in the week she ends up on my floor or I end up in her bed laying by her. So to all that I believe, Brooklyn is in bed with me and she starts to cough...or should I say bark like a seal! OMH not again!! So I crack a window and let the cold air come into the room.....well her comes Bethie. "Mom can you lay by me?" Well I ended up putting Brooklyn back in her bed, cranked up the cool mist, and laid by Bethie. Brooklyn went back to sleep and Bethie laid there and finally went back to bed. I got back into my room around 3:45 a.m. and I laid there! All this sickness keep running through my mind....Why can't we stay well!! Two reasons the dr. told me this afternoon.....1. I have a kindergartner and 2. My child is in daycare. Plus, on top of Brooklyn going to daycare..she had croup at the age of 3 months which makes her more prone to all and everything out there! LUCKY ME!! I guess I am just thankful to have a good boss and know that she understands (at least she says she does and I pray that she does!!!) Anyway...today I decided to put her in a big girl bed and to heck with all this baby stuff. She has been going potty in the toilet and so why not! Tonight I had to lay by her just to give her that self assurance that it was okay to be in a big girl bed and she fell asleep quite well. Just looking at her asleep makes it all worth it! She is such a good baby and I wouldn't trade that for anything! Thanks Heavenly Father for sending her and her spirit to me....I feel you knew what was going to happen in my life after she was born and that is why I have her....

2 comments:

Amy said...

big girl bed already? wow, you are brave my friend! but if she's doing well, then i'm sure you made the right decision. i'm swearing off the BGB until Tink is like 3 unless she decides to climb out of it which i can totally see. i hope she gets well soon. croup is just an ongoing suckfest.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry :( Sick kids are so hard...and months on end of sick kids is just so not cool. I hope she's better quickly, and that in the midst of all of this, you can get some sleep!