Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ruffle Pants

A few months ago my really good friend, Amy, showed me these ruffle outfits on Etsy. I totally fell in love with them and wanted to get an outfit for Brooklyn for her birthday. A couple weeks later I found one that I really liked and ordered. When we were opening presents and that outfit came around, Bethie hit the ceiling. She says: "Mom those pants are so hip hop. Can I have a pair?" I told her we would have to see and that was the end of the conversation.


Yesterday when PJ came and got the girls, I took myself out to do a little shopping. As I wondered around Walmart, I headed over to the fabric department and started looking through the pattern books. My intention was to find a pattern for some pajamas that another friend of a friend made for Bethie for her bday last year. We have a bday party for a cousin this week and I thought that would be fun to do for her. Well I came across a pattern for ruffle pants and decided that was the project I was going to do.


Saturday just got away and today I was kind of bored with packing boxes (we are moving with my parents to West Jordan), so out came the sewing projects. I started with a new 'meme' for Brooklyn and then decided to tackle the ruffle pants. OMH....how fun and easy that was. I was really nervous...I hadn't read a pattern like that in a LONG time. With a little guidance from my mom on some terminology in about 2 hours I got them finished! When I asked Bethie to come try them on, she freaked out! "Oh thanks mom, my hip hop pants!! Can I wear them now?" I told her no and that she could wear them tomorrow to school. You would of thought it was Christmas....she was sooooo excited and happy.

Next project...flirt skirts!

No comments: