Monday, May 10, 2010

What a great family!



Years ago when PJ and I were married and moved to Bountiful (three streets down from his parents), his sister came to me and asked me if I would be interested in babysitting a little girl about 10 months old. I jumped at the chance to be able to stay at home and work. I set up a time for the parents to come and meet me and for me to meet their child. It wasn't a hard decision, on either side, to know that this was going to work. So we started watching a little girl named Hailey. We did everything together that summer, fall, winter, and spring. She was just like one of my own children. In fact I treated her just like my own daughter. We got really close with Hailey's parents and grandparents. Well a year came of watching her and her parents decided to move to Kentucky! I was heart broken...they had become like family and I was really sad to see them go. About four months later they came back and I insisted on taking her again. NO ONE else was going to watch my Haybug!!!! Long story short.....through all that has happened in my life they have been there with me and are still a big part of my life. Bethie and Hailey got so close while I watched her....just like sisters...that I could never tear them apart. They have one of those relationships that will last forever. I love her grandparents, Red and Michelle, as if they were my own parents. Hailey's parents, Heather and Anthony, are great as well. They are some of my closest friends and I love being with them.
Last Saturday we got together for a BBQ...come to find out it was a BBQ for my bday. We had sooo much fun. Michelle is a great cook and we always have awesome food. Heather helped Michelle make strawberry short cake from scratch and it was the best I had ever had. The girls get together sooo good and they played all day and night. They made some kind of soup out of Anthony's golf balls and played like they were getting attacked by alligators. We had a huge game of dodge ball with the girls and of course it was us against Anthony and needless to say we lost!! What great times! In fact, when we got in the car and were leaving Bountiful, Bethie says to me: "Mom aren't they the best friends ever?" and I agree. They are a great family and we are so blessed to have them in our lives. They will always and forever be apart of me and my girl's life!!

Look at these two...you'd think they were divas!

Anthony teaching the girls to golf........

No comments: