Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Bethanie

So.....today was my first day back to a full day of work since May 2004. The day went great, but Bethanie told me as we were getting ready to go that mom's don't work. Well I told that some moms do and that is okay. Well she then proceeded to tell me that I was a mean mom for going to work.....................Great!!!! How do you tell your four-year-old daughter that you have stayed home all her life that you have to do this, mom doesn't have a choice! I try to explain things to Bethaine as plain and simple as I possibly can, but she is a very smart kid and knows what she knows! I love her to death and really hate to see her upset. Well once we got to her Grandma Marlene's house (she has a daycare in her home and is letting me bring the girls) she was just fine! I cried as I left and got hateful for a few minutes, but after being at work and seeing that someone else may have it worse than I, I got over it! I know that the past few weeks have been hard on the girls, especially Bethanie but I've said it once and I will say it again....I know with all that I have that what PJ and I have done is the right thing. Why live like that? I am happy and very content with the decision I have made...it is all up hill from here!



2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh Kim :( That must have broken your heart. That is the wonderful thing about making the right decision though...it all works out. You are a wonderful mother, and your girls are lucky to have you.

Katrina Jackson said...

I wondered if it would be hard on her. I know that had to have been hard on you! It was hard enough to leave Zoe and I was only with her for 8 weeks. I'm sure it will be fine. Bethanie is smart and strong and she will get used to it and eventually understand. Love ya!